It’s totally understandable if you want to know how to fix Hey Siri not working issues. It is a useful AI feature that allows you to control your iPhone with your voice and opens countless scenarios for how you can use your iPhone hands-free.
You can ask Siri to do things like make a call, send a message, set a reminder, play music, and more. However, sometimes Siri may not work as expected, and you may encounter issues like Siri not responding, Siri not hearing you, or simply not working. But don’t worry; in this blog post, we will show you some brief solutions to fix the “Hey Siri not working” issues on your iPhone.
How to fix Hey Siri not working issues
Is Hey Siri not working for you too? Let’s see if we can find a solution. “Hey Siri” is a convenient feature that allows you to control your iPhone hands-free. But what happens when it stops working? Here are some tips on how to fix “Hey Siri” not working issues.
- Make sure “Hey Siri” is turned on: Go to Settings > Siri & Search and make sure that Listen for “Hey Siri” is turned on. Is Hey Siri not working after you try the fix? Keep reading and learn more!
- Check your iPhone’s settings: Make sure that your iPhone is not in Silent mode and that Do Not Disturb is not turned on. It is one of the most common Hey Siri not working issues.
- Restart your iPhone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix software issues.
- Remove your iPhone case: If you are using a case, try removing it to see if that fixes the problem. Sometimes cases can block the microphones that “Hey Siri” uses to listen for your voice. Hey Siri not working after applying the hotfix? There are more solutions to try.
- Update your iPhone’s software: Apple often releases software updates that fix bugs and improve performance. Make sure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS.
- Reset Hey Siri: If you’ve tried all of the above and still Hey Siri not working, you can reset it. Go to Settings > Siri & Search and turn off Listen for “Hey Siri.” Then, turn it back on and follow the on-screen instructions to set it up again.
If the above solutions could not fix Hey Siri not working issues, here are additional things to consider:
- If you have multiple “Hey Siri” devices, make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. “Hey Siri” can only be used on one device at a time.
- If you are in a noisy environment, “Hey Siri” may not be able to hear you. Try speaking louder or moving to a quieter location. It is one of the most common Hey Siri not working issues.
- If you have a thick accent or speak in a very quiet voice, “Hey Siri” may have difficulty understanding you. You can try training “Hey Siri” to recognize your voice by going to Settings > Siri & Search > Improve Siri & Dictation.
If you’ve tried all of these fixes and “Hey Siri” is still not working, you may need to contact Apple Support for further assistance.
Siri tips & tricks
You’ve left Hey Siri not working issues behind but not sure what exactly you can do with Siri? Keep reading…
Siri is a virtual assistant that can help you with various tasks on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, HomePod, and AirPods. Siri can answer your questions, make calls, send messages, play music, control smart home devices, and more. Here are some tips to make the most of Siri and use it more efficiently:
- To activate Siri, you can either say “Hey Siri” or press and hold the side button (or the home button on older devices) until you hear a beep. You can also type your query to Siri by going to Settings > Siri & Search > Type to Siri.
- To change Siri’s voice, language or accent, go to Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Voice. You can choose from different genders and regions for Siri’s voice. You can also change the language that Siri understands and responds in.
- To customize Siri’s responses, go to Settings > Siri & Search > Siri Responses. You can choose whether you want Siri always to speak, only when using “Hey Siri” or only when connected to a headset or CarPlay. You can also adjust the volume of Siri’s voice and turn on/off the feedback sounds.
- To ask Siri follow-up questions, you can either say “Hey Siri” again or tap the microphone icon at the bottom of the screen. You can also swipe up on the screen to see your previous conversations with Siri and tap on any of them to continue.
- To edit your query or correct a mistake, you can either say “Change it” or tap on the text that you want to edit. You can also use dictation commands like “delete that” or “replace X with Y” to make changes.
- To learn what Siri can do, you can either say “Hey Siri, what can you do?” or go to Settings > Siri & Search > Suggestions & Privacy and tap on any app to see what Siri can do with it. You can also browse through different categories of commands by tapping on the question mark icon at the bottom right of the screen when using Siri.
- To use Siri shortcuts, you can either say “Hey Siri, show me my shortcuts” or go to Settings > Shortcuts. Shortcuts are quick actions that you can create or download to perform tasks with Siri or other apps. You can also add shortcuts to your home screen or widgets for easy access.
- To use Siri with third-party apps, you need to enable them in Settings > Siri & Search > App Support. You can also ask Siri to open any app by saying “Hey Siri, open X”. Some apps may also offer specific commands that you can use with Siri, such as “Hey Siri, order a pizza from Domino’s” or “Hey Siri, play my Spotify playlist”.
- To use Siri offline, you need to have iOS 15 or later installed on your device. Offline mode allows you to use basic commands like setting timers, alarms, reminders and playing music without an internet connection. To enable offline mode, go to Settings > Airplane Mode and turn it on.
- To have fun with Siri, you can ask it various questions like “Hey Siri, tell me a joke” or “Hey Siri, what is zero divided by zero?”. You can also ask it about movies, sports, celebrities and other topics. You may be surprised by some of its witty and humorous responses.
Siri is a great personal assistant but not the only one in the market. Check out the best artificial intelligence apps and discover how they help modernize our lives with a click!
Oh, are you new to AI, and everything seems too complicated? Keep reading…
You can still get on the AI train! We have created a detailed AI glossary for the most commonly used artificial intelligence terms and explain the basics of artificial intelligence as well as the risks and benefits of AI. Feel free the use them. Learning how to use AI is a game changer! AI models will change the world.
In the next part, you can find the best AI tools to use to create AI-generated content and more.
AI tools we have reviewed
Almost every day, a new tool, model, or feature pops up and changes our lives, and we have already reviewed some of the best ones:
- Text-to-text AI tools
Do you want to learn how to use ChatGPT effectively? We have some tips and tricks for you without switching to ChatGPT Plus, like how to upload PDF to ChatGPT! However, When you want to use the AI tool, you can get errors like “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” and “too many requests in 1-hour try again later”. Yes, they are really annoying errors, but don’t worry; we know how to fix them. Is ChatGPT plagiarism free? It is a hard question to find a single answer. If you are afraid of plagiarism, feel free to use AI plagiarism checkers. Also, you can check other AI chatbots and AI essay writers for better results.
- Text-to-image AI tools
While there are still some debates about artificial intelligence-generated images, people are still looking for the best AI art generators. Will AI replace designers? Keep reading and find out.
- AI video tools
- AI presentation tools
- AI search engines
- AI interior design tools
- Other AI tools