Meet the Microsoft Loop app, an all-in-one solution for Microsoft 365 apps and a mighty rival for Notion. Is Microsoft Loop available now? The public preview of Microsoft Loop, a Notion-like hub for managing tasks and projects that syncs across Microsoft 365 apps and services, went live today. After Microsoft 365 Copilot and Bing AI, Microsoft doesn’t seem to be slowing down soon.
Workspaces and pages in Microsoft Loop app allow you to import and arrange documents, projects, and other items. However, the unique selling point of Loop is its ability to convert any page into a real-time block that can be copied and pasted into Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word on the web, and Whiteboard. Dynamic Microsoft Loop components will keep your team up to date.
What is the Microsoft Loop app exactly?
Microsoft Loop app is a game-changing co-creation platform that syncs up your teams, documents, and tasks across all of your devices. The shared loop components are always up to date and can be modified by your teammates. For example, if you and your coworkers are working on a table, you can embed that table as a Loop component in a Teams message or an Outlook email, and any changes to the table will be updated in all of the places where it has been shared.
Officially, Microsoft has explained the Loop app as follows:
“With all the tools, documents, files, and links that your team needs, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed. Microsoft Loop helps you organise everything you need for your project into a single workspace and even does the searching for you to kick it off. Simply add a workspace title and any other relevant keywords, and Microsoft Loop will suggest the most relevant pieces to add to your workspace. Choose which ones to add and create your workspace—content will be organized into pages that you can easily view.”
Many times, the pace of a project surpasses the ability of all involved parties to keep up. Microsoft Loop app is an attempt to address this issue by providing adaptable workspaces that enable you and your team to stay current.
Meet Microsoft Security Copilot, your new GPT-4 powered chatbot for cybersecurity
The new Microsoft Loop co-creation experience is designed to encourage better teamwork within organizations. Microsoft Loop app allows users to centralize their projects’ evolving concepts, content, and resources by connecting their work across several devices and applications.
Also, Using Microsoft 365 app, you and your coworkers may design and develop interactive components in real-time, such as:
- Bulleted List
- Numbered List
- Task List
- Voting table
- Progress tracker
- Emoji Picker
Microsoft explains the three elements of Loop in a blog post, and there is a purpose for each component that contributes to the overall success of the project and the flow of information between team members.:
- Loop Components: A loop component is a movable piece of information that maintains consistency wherever it is used. Components enable seamless teamwork in any context, whether that’s a Loop page, a conversation, an email thread, a meeting, or a paper. Your Microsoft apps, such as Microsoft Teams, Outlook, Word, Whiteboard, and the Loop app, will always have the most up-to-date information, which can take the shape of lists, tables, notes, and more.
- Loop Pages: If you’re using the Loop app, you’ve probably already seen “Loop pages,” which are like blank canvases where you and your team may collaborate on various components, links, tasks, and data. To accommodate the growth of your thoughts, loop pages can be as compact or as detailed as you choose. Any page in Loop can be linked to or incorporated into any other M365 app.
- Loop Workspaces: Loop workspaces are collaborative areas where you and your team can organize all the information relevant to your project in one place, making it simple to see what everyone is up to and how far along they are in their own tasks.
Some companies have already started to use the Microsoft Loop app.
Moreover, it is Copilot integrated! However, Loop is not at its full capacity for now. We have to wait to use this feature, and it is not the only limited part of it.
Microsoft Loop app Public Preview limits
The followings are the limitations of Loop for now:
- Work and school accounts (Azure Active Directory accounts)
- Size of a Loop workspace: 5GB
- Personal accounts (Microsoft accounts)
- Size of a Loop workspace: 5 GB
- Workspaces created by one user: 5 Workspaces
- Number of members of a workspace: 50 Members
How to access Microsoft Loop?
Follow the steps below to access and use the new Microsoft Loop:
- To get online, head to Microsoft Loop.
- Download its mobile app for Android or iOS app.
- If you’re an IT admin, click here to enable Microsoft Loop for your organization.
Microsoft Loop is an additional, simple method of working with others in your organization. With ist to-do lists that can be shared instantly with the team, it can increase efficiency.
For more information, click here.
Image Courtesy: Microsoft
Are you new to AI? You can still get on the AI train! We have created a detailed AI glossary for the most commonly used artificial intelligence terms and explain the basics of artificial intelligence as well as the risks and benefits of AI. Feel free the use them. Learning how to use AI is a game changer!
Other AI tools we have reviewed
Almost every day, a new tool, model, or feature pops up and changes our lives, like GPT-4, and we have already reviewed some of the best ones:
- Text-to-text AI tools
Do you want to learn how to use ChatGPT effectively? We have some tips and tricks for you without switching to ChatGPT Plus! When you want to use the AI tool, you can get errors like “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” and “too many requests in 1-hour try again later”. Yes, they are really annoying errors, but don’t worry; we know how to fix them.
- Text-to-image AI tools
Will AI replace designers? Keep reading and find out.
- Other AI tools
Do you want more tools? Check out the best free AI art generators.