ChatGPT Pro waitlist is open, and soon it will be released. Are those golden times when we could use ChatGPT without paying a dime behind us? Not really; the free version will continue. Nonetheless, ChatGPT Professional’s new features may convince you to leave the free version. Wouldn’t it be great if you never had to deal with the “ChatGPT is at capacity right now” warning again? It’s just one of the expected features of ChatGPT Pro.
Is ChatGPT’s paid professional plan worth it? To understand this, you must first learn about its price, what it offers, and how it differs from the free version. Lucky for you, this article is all about that! Moreover, we have also prepared ChatGPT alternatives for you if you do not find the ChatGPT Pro offer interesting. Keep reading and find out your options.
Update: This plan is still in the beta phase. OpenAI’s stable paid version was revealed after ChatGPT Professional was announced, and it’s called ChatGPT Plus. We have explained what it is and how to join the waitlist. Check it out!
What is ChatGPT Professional?
OpenAI’s machine-learned AI chatbot platform has been quite successful. Now, with a new ChatGPT Professional plan, the company hopes to monetize the software’s revolutionary aspect. Since its inception, ChatGPT has provided users with many features, such as assisting coders, writing stories, and even completing students’ assigned writing tasks for free. But the fairy tale soon ends and gets a price tag.
As of the beginning of December, ChatGPT had over a million users, an impressive number. Keep it up, though, comes at a high cost. Sam Altman, CEO of OpenAI, has stated that the operational costs of ChatGPT are “eye-watering,” equal to a few cents in total compute costs for every chat. OpenAI has been under pressure to generate revenue from products like ChatGPT. So what does ChatGPT Professional offer, and can OpenAI make money from this?
ChatGPT Professional features
ChatGPT Pro is an upgraded version of the free version that provides priority support, a more stable connection, and access to new features before they’re released to the general public. The (unstable) professional version of ChatGPT includes the following:
- Always available (no blackout windows)
- Fast responses from ChatGPT (i.e. no throttling)
- As many messages as you need (at least 2X the regular daily limit)
Unfortunately, ChatGPT Pro isn’t open to the public just yet. It has a small but vocal user base because of its exclusive nature. However, Zahid Khawaja, a developer, has a video of ChatGPT Professional and posted it to Twitter.
Here's how ChatGPT Pro works! A lot of users were asking me for proof, so I decided to make a video. pic.twitter.com/QYNn3pRnxI
— Zahid Khawaja (@chillzaza_) January 21, 2023
It’s quite fast, right? If ChatGPT Pro becomes successful, OpenAI might outnumber other major digital businesses like Uber, Spotify, Twitter, and Airbnb in terms of revenue. Especially the determined price shows this to us.
How to use ChatGPT effectively?
ChatGPT Professional pricing
How much does ChatGPT Professional cost? From the looks of Zahid Khawaja’s Twitter, the monthly cost of ChatGPT Pro is $42. He also provided documentation for his subscription, which looks to be renewed regularly. Users will have to shell out $504 annually for ChatGPT Pro, though an annual plan at a slightly reduced charge will likely be introduced in the future.
However, there seems to be some confusion, and not been resolved. Khawaja has proof of purchasing ChatGPT Professional, but when Mashable asked ChatGPT about the $42 per month version, OpenAI executives said it was “unaware of a $42 per month paid version of ChatGPT.” This part will be updated as developments occur.
If you’re asking yourself, “Do I have to pay for ChatGPT” the answer is no. As mentioned above, the free version will continue. But you should know the differences between them for a healthy decision.
ChatGPT free vs ChatGPT Professional
ChatGPT and ChatGPT Professional are built on the GPT (Generative Pre-trained Transformer) framework. Although there are some similarities between the two models, there are also some considerable changes, such as:
- Training data: ChatGPT Professional, having been taught on a far larger and more varied dataset, is able to generate more natural, high-quality human-sounding text.
- Fine-tuning: In order to maximize its effectiveness in certain scenarios, ChatGPT Professional can be fine-tuned with a modest quantity of task-specific data.
- API: By making ChatGPT-professional an API, it becomes much simpler for programmers to incorporate it into their own software and infrastructure.
- Scale: ChatGPT-professional is better suited for large-scale production applications because it can manage a far higher volume of requests than ChatGPT.
- Performance: As far as text generation and context interpretation go, ChatGPT-professional outperforms ChatGPT.
- Cost: While ChatGPT is open source and free to the public, ChatGPT-professional requires payment.
- Support and resources: In addition to the model itself, organizations and enterprises that invest in ChatGPT Professional have access to resources like documentation, tutorials, and customer support to help them maximize the model’s potential.
In a nutshell, general users and hobbyists will benefit from ChatGPT free, while professionals and organizations will benefit more from ChatGPT Professional, which has more complex features and capabilities. Are you interested? Unfortunately, you should first apply to the waitlist.
While there are still some debates about artificial intelligence-generated images, people are still looking for the best AI art generators. Will AI replace designers? The answer is still unclear.
How to get ChatGPT Professional?
Only advanced users can access ChatGPT Pro. You could be chosen to try out the new membership if you’re a heavy user of the tool. Nonetheless, it is still inaccessible to the vast majority of people. Because it’s a “soft launch,” naturally. So, to get it, look for an interim that may appear while you’re using the service, or click this link and fill out the waitlist form.
Working on a professional version of ChatGPT; will offer higher limits & faster performance. If interested, please join our waitlist here: https://t.co/Eh87OViRie
— Greg Brockman (@gdb) January 11, 2023
ChatGPT Professional waitlist
If you’re chosen, they’ll be in touch to arrange a payment plan and a test run.
Please note that this is a pre-release program version, is subject to change, and is not yet offered to the general public for a fee. These are the ChatGPT Professional waitlist questions:
- What’s your email address (same as OpenAI account)
- What’s your country of residence?
- How do you use ChatGPT?
- Please describe the most valuable thing you use it for
- At what price ($ per month) would you consider ChatGPT to be so expensive that you would not consider buying it?
- At what price ($ per month) would you consider ChatGPT to be priced so low that you would feel the quality couldn’t be very good?
- At what price ($ per month) would you consider ChatGPT starting to get expensive, so that it is not out of the question, but you would have to give some thought to buying it?
- At what price ($ per month) would you consider ChatGPT to be a bargain—a great buy for the money?
- Reach out to me when paid access becomes available
- Are you interested in deploying ChatGPT in your organization?
- How upset would you be if you could no longer use ChatGPT?
Did you find yourself becoming exhausted by the procedure? It’s also possible to ignore them and test out some alternate solutions.
Best ChatGPT alternatives
OpenAI’s ChatGPT is one of the most popular chatbots in the market. But of course, there are some alternatives to it, such as:
Other AI tools we have reviewed
Almost every day, a new tool, model, or feature pops up and changes our lives. We have already reviewed some of the best ones:
- Text-to-image AI tools
- Other AI tools
Are you new to artificial intelligence? Don’t be scared of AI jargon; we have created a detailed AI glossary for the most commonly used artificial intelligence terms and explain the basics of artificial intelligence as well as the risks and benefits of artificial intelligence.
Do you want more? Check out the best free AI art generators.