“How to get blue tick on Instagram and Facebook via Meta Verified” is a trendy question after Mark Zuckerberg decided to sell verification badges like Elon Musk. Is it killing the power of verification on social media? It is still unknown, but one thing is sure, it is highly profitable. Musk’s Twitter Blue currently has over 4 million paying subscribers, which means 32 million dollars in revenue monthly! In addition, considering that the number of subscribers is increasing every second, we are not surprised that Zuckerberg made this decision. On the other hand, we also love these blue ticks and understand why you want them too!
Have you ever wondered how to get blue tick on Instagram? The blue ticks, checkmark, or verification emblem, is a marker of genuineness and trustworthiness on several social media sites. They’re visible cues indicating a user’s account or profile has been validated by the service. While the significance of blue ticks may shift slightly from platform to platform, they often represent the following:
- Authenticity: Blue ticks provide assurance to users that an account is legitimate and represents a genuine public figure, celebrity, brand, or organization. This verification helps protect users from impersonators or fake accounts trying to deceive or mislead others.
- Credibility: Verification badges enhance the credibility of the account holder. They indicate that the account has been deemed noteworthy or influential by the social media platform, which can positively impact the perceived trustworthiness and reputation of the account.
- Differentiation: Blue ticks allow verified accounts to stand out from the vast sea of unverified profiles. This differentiation is especially valuable in platforms with a large user base where individuals or brands are seeking visibility, recognition, and increased engagement.
- Enhanced reach: Some social media platforms offer additional features or perks to verified accounts, such as access to analytics, advanced settings, or promotional opportunities. These privileges can help verified users maximize their social media presence and reach a wider audience.
- Branding and marketing: For businesses and brands, blue ticks can serve as a valuable branding tool. They provide an official seal of approval, indicating that the account represents the legitimate presence of the brand. This verification can instill confidence in customers and help establish a brand’s authenticity and professionalism.
- Reduced confusion: Verification badges minimize confusion or ambiguity caused by numerous accounts claiming to represent the same public figure, brand, or organization. Users can easily identify and follow the official account, ensuring they receive accurate and up-to-date information from the verified source.
Do you want these privileges and more on Instagram and Facebook for $14.99/month per app or $11.99/month for Facebook web only? If so, keep reading because you are about the get your beloved blue tick finally!
What is Meta Verified?
If you want to learn how to get blue tick on Instagram and Facebook, you first need to understand Meta Verified. Meta Verified is a subscription service that allows you to get a blue tick on Instagram and Facebook. In addition to getting the blue tick, there are other advantages to subscribing to Meta Verified:
- Account verification (including the blue check badge)
- Account impersonation protection
- Exclusive stickers
- Expanded reach
- Access to human support agents
Are you interested in it? Before becoming Meta Verified and getting your blue tick, check the following criteria you must meet:
- Your account must represent a real individual person, not a company or brand.
- You must be 18 years or older.
- You must live in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and India. You can join the waitlist to get a notification when Meta Verified becomes available in your region.
- Your profile must use your full real name, which must match the name on your government-issued ID.
- Your profile photo must show your face, which must match the photo on your government-issued ID.
- You must enable two-factor authentication.
- You must have a prior posting history (i.e., you cannot apply for a brand-new account).
Are you eligible? Then keep reading and be verified!
How to get blue tick on Instagram and Facebook
Here are the steps on how to get Meta Verified and get blue tick on Instagram:
- Open the Instagram app and go to your profile.
- Tap on the Settings icon in the top right corner.
- Tap on Accounts Center.
- Tap on Meta Verified.
- If Meta Verified is available for your account, you will see “Meta Verified available” under your name and the option to Subscribe.
- Tap on the profile you want to verify.
- Set up payment
- Verify your identity via a government-issued photo ID and a selfie video to confirm your identity before being approved for the subscription.
Once you have subscribed to Meta Verified, you will be able to see the blue tick on your Instagram and Facebook profiles.
Check out the new YouTube monetization requirements
Meta verified waitlist
The United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Australia, New Zealand, and India all have access to Meta Verified right now. Join the Meta Verified waitlist on Instagram or Facebook to get updates if you are not located in an eligible country.
When you’re eligible, Meta will let you know when the Verified service rolls out to your area.
Cost of blue tick on Instagram and Facebook: Meta Verified pricing
Meta Verified pricing plans are $14.99/month per app or $11.99/month for Facebook web only.
Is Meta Verified worth it?
Whether or whether you should invest in Meta Verified is something only you can decide. The advantages of the subscription may be worthwhile if you are an influential individual or if you have a sizable Instagram following. However, you may not require the subscription plan if you are not a public celebrity with a sizable fan base.
To learn more about the subscription, click here.
Featured image credit: Meta