Attention, Facebook users! You have a chance to claim your share of a $725 million settlement in a class-action lawsuit against the social media giant. Today, we will show you how to sign up for Facebook settlement and get your share before it is too late.
Meta, Facebook’s parent company, has agreed to pay out this substantial sum to settle allegations of sharing private information with third-party companies. Among the notable entities involved was Cambridge Analytica, a former political consulting firm. Despite the settlement, Meta denies any wrongdoing.
How to sign up for Facebook settlement: Get your share
This guide will show you how to sign up for Facebook settlement. Even if you’re Canadian and live in the U.S., you’re eligible to get your piece of the pie. The process is quick and simple; you have until August 25, 2023, to make your claim.
We have you covered if you don’t know whether you can get a share. Below you will find all the information you need to know about the case, and here is how to sign up for Facebook settlement!
Who Qualifies for Payouts?
If you were a Facebook user residing in the United States from May 24, 2007, to December 22, 2022, you’re automatically eligible for a payout, even if you’re a Canadian resident. However, you must complete a simple form to secure your share. The online claim deadline is August 25, 2023, at 11:59 p.m., or you can mail in your claim, ensuring it’s postmarked by the same date.
For users who had accounts during the eligible period but have since passed away, their claims can still be filed under the deceased person’s name.
Get your money ASAP, here is how to file Facebook class action lawsuit
You also have the option to exclude yourself from the settlement if you wish to pursue legal claims separately. The opt-out deadline is July 26, 2023, and you can access the required form for this purpose.
How Much Can You Expect?
The amount you’ll receive depends on several factors:
- The total settlement will be divided among all claimants, so more claims mean a smaller share for each person.
- Users who held accounts for the longest duration during the eligibility period will receive more money.
- If you deleted your account within the settlement period but created new ones within the same timeframe, include this information to boost your payout potentially.
File your Facebook settlement claim, 24 days left
The distribution of payments is expected after final approval, currently scheduled for September 7, 2023, although this date could change.
Claiming Your Share: Online or by Mail
If you qualify for a settlement, there are two ways to file your claim:
- Online: Visit the provided website and provide the necessary details, including Facebook usernames associated with your account.
- By Mail: Download the claim form or contact the settlement administrator for a paper copy. You can reach the administrator by phone, email, or mail.
Download the claim form or ask the settlement administrator for a paper copy if you want to send your claim. The administrator can be reached by:
- Call: 855-556-2233
- Email: [email protected]
- Send a letter: 1650 Arch Street, Suite 2210, Philadelphia, PA, 19103
When you apply for your settlement, indicate your preferred method of payment: PayPal, prepaid Mastercard, or a physical check mailed to your address.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to claim your part of the settlement before the August 25th deadline! If you meet all the requirements, follow the steps on this guide and claim your share!
Featured image credit: Dima Solomin/Unsplash