In today’s hyper-competitive business environment, the ability to innovate is the key to long-term success and survival. If your business isn’t evolving and adapting quickly enough, you could be at risk of being left behind by your competitors—and even by early adopters who are using new technologies to succeed in their industries. A great way for companies to innovate is by migrating their website over from BigCommerce or another platform to Shopify Plus. In this article, we’ll explore why migrating from BigCommerce is such an important step for e-commerce businesses looking to grow and conquer new markets.
Understanding BigCommerce migration
BigCommerce is a cloud-based e-commerce platform that offers small and medium-sized businesses a secure, scalable, and high-performance e-commerce platform. With BigCommerce you get a comprehensive set of features including inventory management, order management, payment processing, and more. If you’re looking for an all-inclusive solution to run your business from start to finish then BigCommerce could be the right fit for you!
Exploring BigCommerce migration services
BigCommerce migration services are provided by experienced BigCommerce experts at https://gettrusted.io/services/ecommerce-development/bigcommerce/migration/. Our team has the technical know-how and industry insight needed to make your next BigCommerce migration project a success.
BigCommerce migration services can be offered as a standalone service or as part of a more comprehensive BigCommerce implementation project. In either case, we’ll work closely with you to determine the best approach for achieving your goals and objectives in terms of time frame, cost-effectiveness, workflow efficiency, and user experience (UX).
Preparing for a seamless migration
The first step to a seamless migration is to prepare. We recommend that you:
- Prepare your team and customers by communicating with them about the upcoming changes. Let them know what they can expect, when they should expect it, and how they can help (e.g., by taking down old content).
- Prepare your website by making sure that all product pages are up-to-date with accurate prices, descriptions, and images; if there are any missing products or categories on BigCommerce then now’s the time to add them! You don’t want this happening during migration so make sure everything is ready beforehand!
Execution of BigCommerce migration
You are now ready to execute the migration. This is a critical moment, as it will determine whether your business gets off to a good start or struggles during its first few months. A successful BigCommerce migration requires planning, testing, and optimization, so let’s take a look at what each step entails:
- Planning – Before you start planning for the actual implementation of your new platform, make sure that you have all of your requirements laid out in detail. This should include things like integration with third-party software solutions such as order management systems (OMS), payment gateways, and customer relationship management (CRM) tools; data transfer formats required by certain applications; timelines for when certain tasks need to be completed; etc., etc., etc. You’ll also want to spend some time thinking about how this project fits into your overall digital strategy what does success look like? How do we measure it? What resources do we need for us to achieve those goals?
- Testing – Once everything has been planned out and agreed upon by everyone involved in this project (including stakeholders from both companies), then comes testing! It’s important not only because there could be issues with compatibility between different platforms but also because if there aren’t any problems detected before launch then chances are high that something might go wrong after deployment goes live (and this could result in lost revenue).
Post-Migration optimization and growth
Once your new BigCommerce store is up and running, it’s time to optimize the site for maximum growth. The first step in this process is monitoring traffic and conversions. You’ll want to make sure that visitors are landing on your homepage or product pages when they come into the site so that you can target them based on where they’re coming from (e.g., Google search) and what they’re looking for (e.g., shoes).
Next, start looking at keyword density within product descriptions you’ll want to make sure there are no obvious gaps in terms of keywords being used or overuse of single words that don’t provide any value for customers searching online stores like yours!
Realizing business growth with BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a powerful e-commerce platform that provides businesses of all sizes with the tools they need to succeed online. But what makes it so great?
- Powerful e-commerce platform: BigCommerce provides everything you need to sell online, from customizable design templates and SEO-friendly URLs to automated order fulfillment and inventory management. Plus, it’s easy to add new products or categories in just seconds no coding is required!
- Excellent mobile app: The responsive mobile app is built right into your BigCommerce account (and free), so customers can browse products and make purchases on their phones or tablets without any additional steps necessary. This means fewer abandoned carts because people can shop anywhere at any time no matter where they are in the world!
- Great affiliate program: The BigCommerce Affiliate Program lets you earn commissions by referring new customers who sign up for an account through your link. There are no limits on earnings potential either; we’ll pay out up to $100 per referral each month regardless of how many sales were made during those 30 days (or even if there weren’t any). You’ll also receive access to a suite of tools for tracking your affiliate activity, including real-time reporting and performance metrics.
We’ve come a long way since the early days of e-commerce, and today’s merchants have more tools than ever before to help them succeed. BigCommerce is excited about the future of retail and what it means for businesses like yours. We believe that you should be able to focus on what matters most growing your business without having to worry about technology or how your website works behind the scenes.
Featured image credit: Pixabay/Pexels