It looks like the digital form of communication is here to stay for a while. Still, there are lots of opportunities for Data Scientists and data-driven professionals to meet, collaborate, network, and think about their next career move.
Here is the list of online events that are worth attending to catch up on the industry trends, network, meet, and get your problem-solving skills up to speed.
For those who are skeptical about virtual events, you might want to change your opinion. Here’s why:
- You can still get loads of insightful content, catch up on the latest trends with an opportunity to replay your favorite content;
- You can network from wherever you are in the world. The fact that we can schedule online meetings and network from the comfort of our own home is a game-changer for many (also, that’s great news for introverts, who make up 25 to 40 % of the population);
- You can meet people whom you wouldn’t necessarily encounter at physical events. Anybody can join a virtual event – that’s thousands of people to connect with!
- You are more likely to establish connections with high-level experts – everyone is equal in a zoom room and there’s no barrier to connect with high-level speakers digitally during an online event.
- Last but not least – Climate Change is real and conferences are one of the significant contributors to CO2e increase. One attendee’s footprint can be as high as 2,000 pounds CO2e when extensive travel is needed.
Upcoming virtual events for data-driven professionals:
1. Open Data Science Conferences: ODSC usually hosts conferences for professional data scientists in the EU, Asia, US.
Complete our SAP x Data Natives CDO Club survey now, and help us to help you
This year, all gatherings are accessible online with a plethora of various online activities that can interest data scientists such as workshops, on-demand talks, 3-days long virtual Bootcamp, career lab, expo, and more.
Tickets range from 129 EUR for general admission to 749 EUR for the full access.
2. DN Unlimited: EU’s biggest community of data scientists is going fully digital this fall and offers a whole new virtual experience lasting from September 10th to November 20th including:
- Hackathon where data scientists and tech professionals will solve challenges around data privacy & healthcare, sustainable & green businesses, social impact & data protection.
- Data Natives 2020 flagship conference is also fully accessible online. This year’s focus is on future societies, data economy and all things data science (latest trends, education & more) and matchmaking to connect attendees in a virtual space.
- The newest addition 2020’s activities are Open Forum virtual events happening every week leading up to the conference discussing topics like Deep Fakes, NLP, Cybersecurity & more (available for free for all ticket holders).
Ticket prices range from 0 to 190 EUR for the full VIP access.
3. Data & Analytics Digital Summit aims to connect business and innovation digitally and focuses on senior business professionals who are excited about the opportunities tech provides for solving business challenges. The summit offers downloadable and actionable takeaways, workshops, interactive panels, and more.
The seat can be reserved via the registration form on their website.
4. AI & Big Data Expo happens in a hybrid form with AI, Big Data, IoT, Blockchain sessions, matchmaking, networking parties.
Key topics include demystifying AI, creating AI-powered organizations, machine learning, decision science, RPA and automation, infrastructure, platforms, ethics, data analytics.
The ticket prices reach from 0 to around 700 EUR depending on the package.