All right, buckle up! Get ready to explore the best Vision Pro apps so far. Apple’s fancy new VR/AR headset is making some serious waves and a serious cut in your wallet at $3,500. So, what exactly can this bad boy do? Well, hold onto your hats because we’re about to find out! From sucking up virtual dust bunnies with spatial vacuuming to shredding on an AR skateboard with Rodney Mullen’s Skatrix, the Vision Pro isn’t just your average piece of tech – it’s a whole dang experience! But wait, there’s more! Get ready to rock out with spatial guitar lessons, solve mind-bending puzzles in photorealistic 3D, and even chill with some virtual dinosaurs in the Dinosaur Experience (because who wouldn’t want a T-Rex as a pet, am I right?).
So, is dropping $3,500 on Vision Pro worth it? With apps like these, you might find yourself saying, “Take my money!”
Best Vision Pro apps: Gaming, productivity, entertainment, and more
Hold onto your hats because we’re about to dive deeper into the rabbit hole of spatial computing madness:
- Microsoft Office Apps: Includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Loop, optimized for the Vision Pro with unique features like focus mode and immersive environments.
- Disney+: Offers streaming of Disney+ content in 3D virtual environments, enhancing the viewing experience with immersive settings inspired by popular franchises.
- Zoom: Provides immersive meetings with support for 3D avatars and spatial setup adjustments, enhancing the communication experience on the Vision Pro.
- Lowe’s Style Studio: Allows users to step into immersive, interactive 3D kitchen scenes curated by Lowe’s professional designers, inspiring creative home improvement projects.
- Game Room: Developed by Resolution Games, offers tabletop classics in mixed reality or fully virtual environments, supporting multiplayer gameplay and providing a variety of games like chess, solitaire, and more.
- Synth Riders: A rhythm game ported from Meta Quest, providing immersive gameplay experience by turning hands into instruments and colliding with orbs in a synth-based environment.
- Puzzling Places: Offers photorealistic 3D puzzles, showcasing the power of the Vision Pro’s 3D modeling capabilities with UNESCO World Heritage sites and iconic landmarks.
- Rodney Mullen’s Skatrix: Developed by Niantic, this app brings virtual skateboarding to life, leveraging the Vision Pro’s tracking abilities for an immersive experience.
- Navi: Provides real-time translation with live captions, making it useful for video calls and communication, leveraging the Vision Pro’s capabilities as a communication device.
- JigSpace: A professional tool for 3D rendering and visualization, offering interactive presentations and educational content, highlighting the Vision Pro’s potential impact on various industries.
- Endel Realms: Offers calming or energizing environments for meditation and relaxation, leveraging algorithmically produced music to create immersive experiences.
- Dinosaur Experience: Provides interactive experiences with scientifically accurate dinosaur models, showcasing the potential of immersive technology in education and entertainment.
- Builder’s Journey: Offers an interactive LEGO building experience with virtual bricks and storytelling, demonstrating the capabilities of the Vision Pro for creative exploration.
- SkyGuide: Provides immersive stargazing experiences with detailed simulations of stars, constellations, and planets, offering different environments for exploration.
- WISP: An AI companion and game that showcases the Vision Pro’s volumetric capabilities, offering immersive augmented reality experiences.
- Spatial Vacuuming: Developed by AR/VR engineer Daniel Beauchamp, this app gamifies cleaning tasks, making them more engaging and fun.
- Spatial Guitar: Created by mixed reality designer Sergei Galkin, this app gamifies music lessons, providing interactive visualizations and empowering users to learn guitar skills in an immersive way.
Why do we only play piano in MR?
I think it’s the perfect tool to learn to play guitar👇🏻 pic.twitter.com/zf3Xu11uqx
— Sergei Galkin (@sergeyglkn) November 14, 2023
These apps collectively showcase the diverse range of experiences available on the Vision Pro, highlighting its versatility and potential across various domains, from entertainment and education to productivity and relaxation. However, if you think it’s still too much pricey, you can wait for Apple Vision Air.
Featured image credit: Apple