Forget about sifting through endless Google results! Arc Search, a new iOS app from The Browser Company, promises a revolutionary way to find information. Say goodbye to link overload and hello to curated summaries built just for you.
How does Arc Search work?
Here’s how it works:
- Ask a question: Need a football game recap? Just type it in
- “Browse for me” takes over: Arc Search dives into the web, reading articles from diverse sources like Twitter, newspapers, and sports websites
- Your personalized news page: In seconds, you get a condensed overview: score, key play, notable events, and relevant links. Imagine a website built just for your query, all within the app
This isn’t just a fancy search bar. Arc Search is an AI research assistant working for you. Need Dataconomy updates? Ask away, and get summaries of his movie, breakup news, and related content, with deeper dives available.
Need a visual clarification? See how The Browser Company explains Arc Search in the video they shared on X below.
🔎 Introducing Arc Search
The fastest way to search on mobile
Now available in the App Store! pic.twitter.com/gZL6Zdhvtl
— The Browser Company (@browsercompany) January 29, 2024
Like what you see? Download Arc Search for iOS using the link here now!
Arc Browser search for me is beyond your pocket
Arc Search is just the tip of the iceberg. This AI integration is part of a broader vision for Arc, The Browser Company’s flagship browser. They aim to break down the barriers between search engines, chatbots, and websites, creating a one-stop information hub within your browser.
AI-backed Arc Max browser has cool features
This ambitious vision extends beyond iOS. Arc will soon boast a cross-platform syncing system called Arc Anywhere, bringing these AI features across devices. It’s a bold move, with Arc Search eventually evolving into Arc’s sole mobile app, just as The Browser Company CEO Josh Miller explains:
now that Arc is on Windows we need to move off iCloud. So we’re rolling our own cross-platform syncing experience.
it will be called “Arc Anywhere” — and it’s almost done.
as soon as it is, you’ll be able to instantly sync tabs between this app and Arc on Mac/Windows.
— Josh Miller (@joshm) January 28, 2024
Not perfect, but promising
While source attribution needs improvement, the system is learning and evolving rapidly. Powered by AI models like OpenAI, Arc Search has the potential to become remarkably intelligent. Arc Search itself is a fast and clean browser, but it opens doors to bigger questions about AI and search:
- Collaboration: Will content creators work with Arc to ensure information accuracy?
- Attribution: How will AI responsibly cite its sources?
- Personalization: How far will AI tailor results to individual users?
- Cost: Can such resource-intensive AI remain free in the long run?
The Browser Company is yet to fully address these concerns. But for users, Arc Search feels like a quantum leap in AI-powered search. It’s not just another chatbot; it’s an AI that actively explores and synthesizes information for you.
How to download Arc Browser on Windows
While Arc Browser is available on Mac and iOS, it’s not yet officially available for Windows. The Browser Company is currently in a beta testing phase for Windows users, with plans to officially launch the Windows version in the near future. However, there’s no confirmed date for this launch as of January 29, 2024.
8 AI browsers you should get used to
Here’s what you can do:
- Sign up for the waitlist: The Browser Company has a waitlist for Windows users interested in trying Arc. You can sign up on their website. This will keep you updated on the latest developments and notify you when the Windows version becomes available
- Follow their social media: The Browser Company is active on social media platforms like Twitter and YouTube. Following them will give you access to announcements and updates about the Windows release
Millions will soon ask questions and Arc Search already has the answers to all, along with locations, details, and even reminders. That’s the power of Arc Search, and it’s a glimpse into the future of how we might interact with information online.
Will it redefine web browsing? Only time will tell, but one thing’s for sure: Arc Search is an experience worth exploring.
Featured image credit: The Browser Company.