HP has announced an update to its information governance portfolio, which would include its eDiscovery, ECM, and Information Archiving products. The portfolio, which was developed with the HP HAVEn technology at its core, was designed to help clients understand, organise and analyse more data than ever before.
The announcement that came yesterday, claims that the latest upgrade would help users to “proactively prepare for litigation, improve the productivity of their legal professionals, better manage risk and respond to evolving requirements for how enterprise information is governed.”
“Today’s evolving litigation landscape is forcing organizations to look for a more complete, integrated information governance solution that allows them to solve a wider set of information compliance problems,” explained David Jones the general manager at Big Data Solutions, HP Software.
“The continued integration of, and enhancements to, HP’s portfolio will deliver that complete solution, which improves information lifecycle management, streamlines legal workflow and helps our customers address all of these emerging trends,” he added.
Salient enhancements include:
- Extension of HP eDiscovery OnDemand with increased load file ingestion capability, more-granular security and simplified user interfaces.
- A new UK data center is now available to expand ECM cloud offerings, including HP WorkSite and HP LinkSite, to the European market.
- HP Consolidated Archive with Improved user experience and support of mobile devices.
- HP Digital Safe has enhanced eDiscovery support and workflow, in addition to improved retention management for better information governance.
- HP WorkSite: New support of Office 365 for advanced desktop users, plus iOS mobility enhancements, security improvements and support for additional MDM (Mobile Device Management) vendors.
- HP LinkSite: Enriched workflow that automatically prompts users to email secure links instead of large attachments, by leveraging HP’s secure cloud file-sharing service, to streamline collaboration and reduce mailbox size.
- HP Universal Search: Augmented search, performance and preview functionality to help users pinpoint highly complex search terms within compound content like emails with zip file attachments.
(Image credit: Windell Oskay, via Flickr)