IT giant HP has released HP Haven OnDemand, their Big Data platform that runs on the HP Helion cloud and enables analyses of data such as business and machine as well as unstructured, human information.
“To succeed in today’s marketplace, businesses must be able to leverage all forms of data, at high speed and in context, in order to capitalize on emerging opportunities and manage risk and costs,” explained Robert Youngjohns, GM and EVP, HP Software. “With today’s announcement, we are making our unique Big Data platform more accessible and adaptable than ever before, giving customers, partners, and developers an unmatched set of assets that can help them create winning, data-driven businesses.”
As part of their Big Data strategy, with this release HP will integrate Haven assets within the HP Software application portfolio adding new offerings to help businesses mine Big Data analytics, reports the statement announcing the launch, earlier this week.
Key components of the HP Haven Enterprise platform are :
- HP Vertica OnDemand delivers enterprise-class Big Data analytics via the cloud. HP Vertica OnDemand provides built-in flexible analytic capabilities.
- HP IDOL OnDemand provides industry standard Big Data web services that developers, partners, and customers can use to build next generation applications enabling analysis of a broad spectrum of data types, including images, social media, text, video and more.
With this release HP Software also unveiled several innovations across its portfolio that leverage HP Haven Big Data analytics:
- IT Operations Management–New IT Operations Management solutions harnessing Haven analytics enable organizations to automate and optimize IT application and system management, for faster marketing, cost savings and exceptional customer experiences.
- Security – A new version of HP ArcSight ESM, a security information and event management (SIEM) solution was also brought forth.
- Intelligent Retention and Content Management – Also announced was a new solution that combines HP hardware and software technologies to allow organizations to intelligently manage data throughout its lifecycle. The solution brings together HP StoreAll, HP ControlPoint, HP Records Manager and HP Haven analytics to reinvent end-to-end information lifecycle management.
Most supplements of Haven will either be available by January 2015, latest by CYQ1 2015.
(Image credit: Don Debold)