Cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service (RaaS) provider, Axcient, has brought forth the latest version of the Axcient Business Recovery Cloud.
This version is up to 9x faster than before and enables businesses to reduce their Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and failover systems instantly. It comes with a faster system replication and recovery for physical and virtual environments, and accelerated file and folder recovery with the addition of drag-and-drop support.
“Server virtualization has gained incredible traction in the mid-market with some analysts estimating 80 percent to 90 percent of workloads running on a virtual machine,” explains Justin Moore, CEO of Axcient
“With today’s announcement, we are continuing to deliver the most powerfully simple Recovery-as-a-Service solution for physical and virtual environments without the complexity of traditional backup and server replication products. With Axcient, companies of all sizes can have the same level of protection that enterprise-class solutions offer at a fraction of the price,” he added.
Complete our SAP x Data Natives CDO Club survey now, and help us to help you
Yesterday’s announcement also lists out some facts about the release:
- Organizations can export any physical and virtual server image replications as a VMDK file, making it easy to not only recover VMware snapshots, but also to recover and/or migrate physical server snapshots as virtual machines.
- Axcient release supports drag-and-drop recovery from the local appliance via integration with Windows Explorer, allowing users to move large numbers of files and entire folders to a target device easily.
- Axcient has also extended its instant failover support.
- Additionally, data replication to the Axcient appliance is now 3x faster with the latest version of Axcient’s replication algorithm, enabling business to achieve even shorter RPO and have replicas of the most recent data available at all times.
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access, and recover data and applications by delivering a Business Recovery Cloud that is powerfully simple.
Currently in beta, it will be released for new and existing customers at no additional cost within the coming weeks.
(Image credit: Axcient)