IBM has now introduced a set of new cognitive services that will be available on IBM Bluemix, its cloud-based platform for mobile and web app development.
Bluemix users will utilize an evolving set of APIs and content to build apps, with little effort in entry to cognitive tools, powered by Watson. This will help “accelerate, enhance, and scale human expertise for confident decision making,” reports a news release.
The eight new services available through Bluemix include:
- User Modeling utilizes linguistic analytics to analyze any public communication the user makes available such as text messages, tweets, posts, email, and more, helping with a more personal interaction by analyzing personality and social traits.
- Machine Translation converts text input in one language into a destination language for the end user. Translation is available among English, Brazilian Portuguese, Spanish and French.
- Language Identification detects the language in which text is written and helps in translation, voice to text conversion, or direct analysis, and has capabilities with 15 languages.
- Concept Expansion analyses text and interprets its meaning based on usage in other similar contexts. It can be used to create a dictionary of related words and concepts so that euphemisms, colloquialisms, or otherwise unclear phrases can be better understood and analyzed.
- Message Resonance analyzes draft content and scores how well it is likely to be received by a specific target audience. Today, analysis can be done against people active in cloud computing or big data discussions but future versions will let users provide their own community data.
- Relationship Extraction parses sentences into their various components and detects relationships between the components so that users or analytics engines can more easily understand the meaning of individual sentences and documents.
- Question & Answer Interprets and answers user questions directly based on primary data sources that have been selected and gathered into a body of data or “corpus.” The service returns candidate responses with associated confidence levels and links to supporting evidence.
- Visualization Rendering: Takes input data and graphically renders it as an interactive visualization that can be customized to match needs, visual styling, and types of data being analyzed.
Complete our SAP x Data Natives CDO Club survey now, and help us to help you
He further explains, two aspects determine how well Bluemix fares in the near future, since the availability of its APIs outside seems unlikely : how quickly the individual offerings expand (such as more languages for Machine Translation) and how many more APIs are rolled out in the months to come.
Read more here.
(Image source: Thinkstock)