Industry experts will descend onto 30 cities from across the world to discuss topics surrounding Big Data this week. Speakers from IBM, PwC, SAP, Oracle, Cloudera, Microsoft (and many more) will share their knowledge and insights on commercial opportunities, privacy and data security, making this an opportunity for data enthusiasts to engage with the most up-to-date analysis in the sector.
With predictions stating that the market for the sector is set to reach $16.1bn (£9.6bn) this year, growing six times faster than the overall IT market, the events across the world will help organisations and individuals understand not only what big data is but also what it can do for them.
Below are three must-attend events over the week that Dataconomy will be watching closely:
7th May — Chief Data Officer Summit, London:
Topics that will be covered by the CDO-level speaker panel include:
• Data Monetisation – How can I drive the business to viewing data as a commercial asset and support business growth through enhanced data usage?
• Data Management 2.0 – How can I deliver real-time data into new channels of business? I need to enhance current Data Management strategies to deliver more
• Data Governance – What is the correct model? What are market leaders doing to streamline and manage data effectively?
• Data Collaboration/Visualisation – I want to work effectively with IT, Sales & Marketing, R&D etc. to make the most of data assets. What’s the silver bullet?
• Data Acquisition – What is effective? What is compliant? What is ethical? What will drive growth?
Names attending: Economist, Volvo, Inc Bank, HSBC, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, RBS, many more.
7th May — Big Data Insights Conference, Belfast:
This full day conference represents the first time that Big Data Week has been brought to Belfast and the island of Ireland. The conference represents the marquee event in the week of activities and will showcase the experience and insight into Big Data and its business benefits from speakers around the UK and Ireland. This presents an excellent opportunity for Big Data practitioners or those interested in Big Data in Belfast and Northern Ireland to come together for networking and knowledge sharing.
Names attending: Cloudera, IBM, PwC, Fujitsu, Aridhia, Revolution Analytics, Almac, SAP, many more
8th May – Data Science Day, Berlin:
The central idea of the Data Science Day (DSDay) is to bring together people with different interests & backgrounds and give enough room & lots of time to talk, discuss, share ideas and meet people interested in data (big or small). Data Science Day is THE big data community event in Berlin focusing on 360° big data, which means not just technology, fancy algorithms & new processes but the “full loop” from business to data and back.
The topic of this event will be: “Data Driven Decision Making – From Smart Machines to Smarter Businesses”.
Names attending: Project Florida, Unbelievable Machine Company, Zalando, IBM, many more.
(Image Credit: Stewart Townsend)
Leave a Reply